C.A.R.E.® with Guided Imagery
Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment®
A supplement to The C.A.R.E. Channel, C.A.R.E. with Guided Imagery uses a voice over to stimulate patients’ active imagination and bring about responses in their bodies that can accelerate the healing process.
Studies have shown that patients who use guided imagery prior to or during medical or surgical procedures experience significantly decreased anxiety and stress levels. Guided imagery has also been shown to reduce the amount of pain medication required, thus reducing side effects and decreasing recovery time.
The voice over exercises on C.A.R.E. with Guided Imagery are designed specifically for the inpatient setting and are accessible to patients of diverse diagnoses and levels of acuity.
In addition to basic stress reduction and relaxation processes, special guided imagery programs are also available for labor and delivery, pre-procedure, and pediatrics. Like The C.A.R.E. Channel, an evening program to promote sleep is included.
Both The C.A.R.E. Channel and C.A.R.E. with Guided Imagery provide patients and families with care reflective of the commitment of the staff and hospital. By introducing these programming options to patients, the nurse offers personal, non-invasive, and pain free experiences that balance the often uncomfortable interventions that have come to dominate the nurse-patient interaction.
Together, they assist the staff in caring for patients and in extending the hand of the caregiver during the many long, often lonely, hours of a hospital stay.
- 24-hour scheduled play channel with varied guided imagery exercises, also available for video-on-demand systems
- Available in English and Spanish or English-only versions
- For scheduled play systems, new guided imagery sessions begin every 30 minutes
- Evening programs to help patients sleep
- Ideal for video-on-demand systems
- Can be delivered on interactive patient care platforms such as Cerner, GetWell, Sonifi, and TeleHealth
- Broadcast through the hospital television system
- High-quality digital and analog formats available
- Content updates provided annually
- Plug and play – no manual attention required
- Content is also available for streaming via C.A.R.E. Connect on tablets, mobile devices, and more
Try it out for yourself!
Sign up below for free streaming access to the entire C.A.R.E. content library!