The C.A.R.E.® Channel
Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment®
Reduce Hospital Noise and Improve Patient Satisfaction with C.A.R.E. Channel Relaxation Programming
The premier relaxation programming for healthcare settings, The C.A.R.E. Channel is produced to comfort patients, families, and staff over the full 24-hour cycle. This highly effective therapeutic tool significantly contributes to improved satisfaction and patient outcomes, and helps you create a healing environment for patients, families, and staff.
Based on research that connects the use of music and nature to patient outcomes, The C.A.R.E. Channel is appropriate for patients in diverse states of acuity, transcending issues of age, gender, and culture. The 24-hour format includes unique daytime and nighttime imagery to support the circadian rhythm, enhance sleep, and reduce the negative impact of hospital noise.
Combining peaceful scenes of nature with beautiful music, The C.A.R.E. Channel is a welcome alternative to commercial television and disturbing sounds.
Available in more than 900 healthcare facilities in the U.S. and abroad, The C.A.R.E. Channel brings a healing environment to the patient bedside, waiting areas, and public spaces in acute care hospitals, residential care facilities, hospice/palliative care units, cancer centers, children’s hospitals, and rehabilitation centers.
Music & Nature
The C.A.R.E. Channel features original, instrumental music that has cross-generational and cross-cultural appeal. It is intentionally selected for its accessibility to a wide-ranging patient population. (See a list of our C.A.R.E. Artists.)
The nature video broadcast on The C.A.R.E. Channel features soothing landscapes, panoramas, and vistas that delight and engage the viewer. The entire channel is produced specifically to be watched by a patient in a bed.
- 24-hour patient television channel
- Up to 84 hours of nonrepetitive programming
- Evening programming helps patients sleep
- Also available with Guided Imagery
- Can be delivered on interactive patient care platforms such as Cerner, GetWell, Skylight, and TeleHealth
- Broadcast through the hospital television system
- Content updates provided annually
- Plug and play — no manual attention required
- Available in both digital and analog formats
- Content is also available for streaming, tablets, mobile devices, and more
C.A.R.E. Channel programming is contracted under a subscription licensing agreement, which costs pennies per day per bed and includes:
- All licenses for public broadcast required by federal law
- Annual updates in programming
- Camera-ready patient and staff flyers, poster, bedside card
- C.A.R.E. On Hold music for telephone system
- Customer support
We can help you get the hardware required for adding The C.A.R.E. Channel to your existing television system.
Studies & More Information
Check out this infographic to see what sets us apart from other relaxation programming.
For a list of studies that show the link between music and nature and patient outcomes, contact us.
Discover why The C.A.R.E. Channel is a welcome alternative to commercial television.