Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment®
RX for Pain Relief and Stress Reduction
Expanding on the benefits of The C.A.R.E. Channel, C.A.R.E. VRx provides a fully immersive experience, allowing patients to explore and interact with nature in a 360º world right from their hospital beds.
- Studies have shown that virtual reality can calm and distract patients, relieving the sensation of pain.
- Researchers believe that immersive distraction may also help lower blood pressure, combat depression, and support women enduring long labors while giving birth.
Because of this, clinicians across the country are starting to “prescribe” VR for their patients.
How It Works
C.A.R.E. VRx is delivered using an app loaded onto a virtual reality headset and is designed to be simple and user-friendly, helping patients relax quickly through our streamlined user interface (UI).
- The VR headset comes preloaded with the C.A.R.E. VRx app and includes our custom Quickstart Guide.
- Using innovative gaze-based navigation, patients can interact with the app through slight movements of their head, and can focus their gaze to select from a variety of scenic environments.
- Patients have the freedom to interact with their surroundings at their own choosing and pace.
For example, patients who select an alpine lake experience might stand at the foot of the lake and look up to the mountain, while another patient may choose to stand on the mountaintop and survey the lake below.
Those wanting a less interactive experience may prefer to just unwind on a beach and listen to the waves. Whatever inspires or soothes them, the natural world becomes real within the four walls of their room.
Benefits for Patients
Some of the most successful outcomes have been seen with:
- Burn victims.
- Women in labor.
- Anxiety and stress-related conditions.
- Distraction from pain – chronic or otherwise.
- Relaxation before, during, and after procedures.
- Increasing overall well-being.
C.A.R.E. VRx is not appropriate for all patients, particularly those who have head wounds or bandages, are prone to motion sickness, or have a history of seizures and strokes. But for those who are suitable and willing to participate, immersive 360° experiences have been shown to be effective at relieving the pain or worry of their condition.
C.A.R.E. VRx with Guided Imagery
C.A.R.E. VRx with Guided Imagery experiences allow the patient to embark on a self-paced journey with a guided narrative voiceover. Patients will be given a variety of guided imagery options to meditate, focus breathing, and relax all while immersed in a tranquil nature environment.
Technical & Programming Details
- 360° immersive nature video shot exclusively on location, with nothing added or rendered. Locations include Iceland, Rainier, Saguaro, Vietnam, Point Lobos, Lake Tahoe, and more.
- Offered as a complete package featuring VR headset(s) preloaded with a robust variety of content.
- App includes a simple tutorial to assist patients through their initial 360° experience.
- Content may be compatible with headsets you already own, and you may opt to license the content only.
- Locally stored media files – no streaming or buffering.
To learn more about C.A.R.E. VRx, please contact us at:
800 348 0799