C.A.R.E. Channel in Half of the Top 20 Honor Roll Hospitals
August 15, 2017 — U.S. News & World Report’s annual best hospital rankings are out and one-half of the top 20 honor roll hospitals are C.A.R.E. Channel clients.
Released last week, the rankings and ratings compare more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in 25 specialties, procedures, and conditions. The honor roll is a distinction given to 20 hospitals that deliver exceptional treatment across multiple areas of care.
“We congratulate all the hospitals that made the honor roll and were tops in their specialty,” said Haydn Bertelson, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Healing HealthCare Systems. “And we are especially proud to partner with many of them by delivering C.A.R.E. Programming to create better experiences for their patients, families, and staff.”
C.A.R.E. Channel clients on the 2017-2018 honor roll (order of ranking) are:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. (1)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore (3)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston (4)
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco (5)
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles (7)
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, N.Y. (8)
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis (12)
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh (14)
- University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora (15)
- Mayo Clinic Phoenix (20)
In most areas of care, rankings are based largely on objective measures such as risk-adjusted survival and readmission rates, volume, patient experience, patient safety, and quality of nursing.
For a complete list of the hospital rankings, visit the U.S. News & World Report website.